Saturday, May 4, 2013

Sorry, guys...

     To the five or so people who have been keeping up with my blog (if y'all really do exist) I would like to apologize for not having written a post in a few weeks. With only two weeks left of high school, my teachers have been expressing their sadness that we will be leaving them by deciding to give a years worth of tests. Not to mention, AP testing starts next week...

        But enough of my complaining.

       I'm sad to say that due to a combination of tests, homework, graduation activities and senioritis, Diary of a Lit Nerd will have to take a brief hiatus. While I would infinitely prefer blogging about books over finding the limit of f(x) functions, sometimes we must dedicate our time to doing painful things, if only to please teachers and make the grade.

     Please know that this blog has not been forgotten, and as soon as I have been released from the shackles of standardized tests and public education, the blog posts will roll in once more. I am, of course, a nerd, and therefore need to get good grades, even if it means sacrificing the time I would usually spend on nerdy activities, such as reading Shakespeare, in order to study (That is The Way of the Nerd--we are quite paradoxical in this respect).

     So this is not a goodbye, but rather, an "I will be back soon. I will be back soon with more Shakespeare adventures. With thoughts on film adaptations of books. With reviews, both kind and scathing, on all the books I have read."

     But for the next few weeks, I bid thee adieu.

3 comments:

  1. Thou wilt be missed. I will await the fulfillment of thy promise that thou wilt return anon.

    Marian Allen
    Story A Day in May Day 5 "Culture Shock"

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I look forward to your return, I totally understand that schoolwork takes precedence. Good luck on your tests!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, good luck on all your tests! I still remember how busy it could get in highschool and at university before exams... seems like yesterday although decades have passed really.

    ReplyDelete