Thursday, January 10, 2013

Hi.

     Bienvenue.

     Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. My name is Amelia. I love to read, write, and sing obnoxiously loud. As a proud English nerd (as the title of my blog may imply), one of my favorite past times is analyzing the deeper meaning of my favorite song lyrics. I spend more money on books than food. And writing is a physical need, perhaps even surpassing my need to breathe.

     But enough about me.

     Through this blog, I hope to share my love of the written word by offering up my humble opinion of books, music, movies, and TV shows. Books, music, movies, and even TV shows are, in my opinion forms of art. They may not always be good art, but they are art nonetheless. The art we value says a lot about our society, which is why posts on this blog will not just be about what I think of certain books or movies, but what I think of society, and society's relationship to art.

     Books will be rated in colors. What will this scale be, you ask? Don't worry, I'll figure it out as I go.

     Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment